Terms of Service
Content on the Ingram Micro website is for informational purposes only. Contact your Ingram Micro sales representative for verification of prices, specials and dates of promotions.
Ingram Micro and the Ingram Micro logo are trademarks used under license by Ingram Micro Inc. Entire contents copyright 2013 by Ingram Micro Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies.
Certain links will allow you to leave Ingram Micro's website. The linked sites are not under the control of Ingram Micro, and Ingram Micro is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites.
Ingram Micro is not responsible for webcasts or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. Ingram Micro is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by Ingram Micro.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information on this website. Ingram Micro makes no warranty expressed or implied with respect to the accuracy of the information, including prices, product editorials, product specifications or advertising.
All manufacturers' suggested retail prices are current at the time of publication and are subject to change without notice.
Can’t view the site properly or having an unexpected browser issue? See a list of possible browser related issues below.
Common Browser Related Issues
• Cookies - Ensure cookies are enabled on your browser to provide an optimum user experience.
• Browsers - We recommend using one of the following supported browsers for best viewing experience on ingrammicro.com:
Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher
Firefox 18.0 or higher
Safari 5.1.7 or higher
Chrome 25.0 or higher
Some areas on the site may require a specific browser version but you will be alerted if that is the case.
• Firewalls - Please be aware that your home or office firewall or network settings could impact the ability to enable cookies.
The Information We Collect
For all visitors to www.ingrammicro.co.za, Ingram Micro collects general data pertaining to each website visitor, such as the visitor's IP address, operating system, browser type and version number, and the webpages viewed, including navigation paths, advertisements selected and promotions clicked. While your site behavior characteristics are individually traceable, they are aggregated and tracked with all other visitor information.
For our registered customers, in addition to the information we collect for all visitors, site behavior characteristics tracked and aggregated include business transactions conducted, and depending upon your business structure, may include personal data such as your name, account information and your designated email address.
Use of the Information Collected
While the information that we collect enables us to offer better service, we may use the data for other purposes. Ingram Micro may share any information it collects with other parties including its business partners, suppliers and financial institutions. Ingram Micro may also disclose information in response to subpoenas, governmental requests or other legal process or to otherwise protect Ingram Micro's legal or contractual obligations.
On your first and subsequent visits to Ingram Micro's website, we may issue one or more cookies, small files stored on your computer's hard drive, in order to simplify and ease your continued use of www.ingrammicro.co.za. There are a variety of cookies used that serve various purposes including but not limited to establishing your personal preferences while visiting our website.
If you want to opt out of cookie tracking, simply disable cookies from your browser settings to match the level of privacy that you desire.
Note: different browsers utilize different ways to configure cookie settings. For help with different browser settings and cookies, refer to the browser sites below: Internet Explorer Firefox Safari Chrome
Caution: If you are a registered customer and choose to disable cookie settings, you will be unable to transact business online with Ingram Micro.
- We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
- Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your gender;
- your mobile number; and
- your date of birth.
- Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
- You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
- Subject to clause 13.6 below, we will not, without your express consent:
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods and services;
- to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
- to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
- disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or services when delivering Goods or services to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- to our divisions and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
- to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- to our suppliers in order for them to liaise directly with you in the event of you submitting a warranty claim regarding any Goods you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
- to any Third Party Seller for purposes of sending you an invoice for any Goods purchased from such Third Party Seller, which disclosed information will be limited to your email address (refer to clause 12 above).
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
- We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
- We will -
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
- Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
Ingram Micro reserves the right to change its practices concerning information gathered from visitors to its Web site. If such changes occur, this Privacy Statement will be updated.